Our Energy Management Range
Once you have invested in solar power then the next step is to manage the use of your self-produced power to get the most benefit from your system.
One way to maximise the benefit of solar is to install a power diversion controller such as the Solar Immersion unit.
This unit works by monitoring your power production and diverting any power you are producing that is not being immediately used in your home to your electric hot water cylinder, underfloor heating or other power circuit.
This means that rather than exporting your power back to the power company for minimal credit, you keep it in your home, almost like turning your hot water cylinder into an energy bank.
We provide no obligation free quotes selecting the best solar solution for your requirements, and we’re more than happy to discuss solar product options and provide more information.
For further product information, datasheets, PDFs and more please click on a logo below :
SolarKing Energy Management
SolarImmersion Self – Consumption Controller
With the SolarImmersion Self Consumption Controller all of your solar energy can be used in the home.
No more exporting your power to the power company for a miserly 7c kWh.
All of your excess power that is not being used at the time of production can be directed to your hot water cylinder, under floor heating, spa pool heating, swimming pool heating or battery storage to ensure that you get the most out of your FREE solar power.
Whether it’s for a new build or for an existing PV system the SolarImmersion Self-Consumption Controller will:
Save you money and increase energy efficiency
Unlike solar thermal systems there is no energy wastage – feed the house, feed the hot water and any excess goes to the grid.
Maximise your return on investment
Due to low or even zero feed in tariffs you get a significant ROI by using and storing your energy during the day for later use without the grid.
Allow for easy control and monitoring
The built in LCD features allow for easy to read graphical information and use of advanced boost functions.
To discover more about this smart controller, please click here – SolarKing SolarImmersion PDF
SunGrow Smart Home Energy Management
SolarKing supply and install the SunGrow Smart Home energy management solution, giving you the power to manage your power usage within your home.
Facing with the challenges of record-low feed-in tariffs and utilities enforcing zero exports, consumers suffer not only from an ever-increasing electricity prices, they also make very little from selling off excess green power or absolutely nothing at all to meet the zero export restriction.
Why Do You Need the SunGrow PV ESS (Photovoltaic Energy Storage System)?
Premium charged during peak period
Electricity used in peak times can place a strain on the grid network, that is why some utilities charge premium during peak period. The average power consumption of a typical household for instance, 28% of its usage during peak period would contribute to 53% of the total electricity bill.
In the above scenario, families are much better off financially by installing a PV power generation system giving you the ability to manage and control your power consumption during peak periods.
Benefits of SH5K PV ESS
Sungrow SH5K PV ESS is an ideal choice to facilitate the self-consumption of PV power by storing excess power into the battery.
Depending on your power consumption and solar panel system size the SunGrow system can be configured for zero energy export or to power batteries with excess solar power.
- Works with both new and existing systems
- Compatible with both lithium-ion and lead-acid batteries
- Integrated high-frequency isolated battery charge/discharge circuit with the voltage of 48 V and maximum charge/discharge current of 65 A
- Protection rating at IP65 (dust-proof and water-proof)
- Off-grid emergency power supply with the capacity of 3000 W in battery mode
Integrated and Intelligent
- Integrated energy management system and DI/DO function
- Integrated active power limitation and reactive power regulation function
- Multiple communication options via RS485/Ethernet/Wi-Fi/CAN
- Load import power reporting
- In addition to the daily, monthly, annual and total data of power generated, the SH5K PV ESS is capable of recording power imported from the grid during peak tariff period. This allows the customers to sensibly select an appropriate size for the battery based on its own consumption history.
Battery usage time settable
- Maximize the return of investment by matching battery usage to peak tariff period.
- The users will have the options to configure:
- > On Weekdays (from Monday to Friday) or at weekends (Saturday and Sunday) with two time periods for each option.
Battery forced charge
- User can charge the battery during off-peak tariff time or set the forced charge time according to the analysis of load power recording.
- If the energy demand of the household during 7:00 am-9:00 am is 2 kWh, set the forced charge time to be 1:00 am-7:00 am with the target SOC of 40% (battery capacity 6 kWh).
- The SH5K PV ESS will charge the battery until its SOC reaches 40% before 7:00 am, so as to ensure the energy demand in 7:00 am-9:00 am.